The month of May

15:30

Hello!

Happy June :) I hope you are all enjoying the lovely summer weather. It has been ridiculously hot here in cheshire throughout this last month which has been getting me super excited for our trip to St Ives in July :) Todays post is about what I have been up to in the month of May. I have enjoyed looking back, its amazing what you forget in just a few weeks!

This month started with an apartment purchase! My uni friends were coming up to stay and I needed somewhere for them to sleep so we bought this sofa bed from made.com, it was really affordable and goes perfectly in the second bedroom.

I then had my friends from uni come to stay for the week which was so much fun. We all live in different parts of the country so it can be difficult to all get together but we try to see each other as much as we can and get together a few times a year, our next meet up is planned for halloween which I can't wait for! It was a busy week...

We stayed in the apartment for food, drinks and chats

We got Snapchat

We enjoyed the sunshine in Chester, we walked the walls and went down to the river to ride boats

 We went to Chester zoo and Trentham Gardens

We went out in Chester for cocktails

 .... and to the Jaunty Goat for morning after coffee!

On the last night we went to Hickory's Smokehouse in Chester which does the most amazing barbecue food and is always requested when they come to stay!

A few days after my friends left, Lex and I walked in to town and watched a bit of the Chester half marathon, it was such a good atmosphere and would love to run it one day ... I just need to be able to run 21k! ... and at the moment I can just about cope with 3k ! haha have any of you ran a marathon?

I have also been trying to do more exercise this month and I have been really enjoying going for runs with Lex I have never been running before, so I am only doing short distances at the moment, we run the chester walls which is just over 3k... which is plenty for now! haha Lex is well in to sport and fitness so I am deffo holding him back lol but he is acting as my trainer at the moment :)

I also decided to go for a new look this month, with the warm weather and summer arriving I decided I was bored of my long hair and wanted something lighter and shorter for summer. I am loving it and it is so much quicker to wash and style - perfect!

We also went to a Charity party and spent lots of money for a great cause and even won a 3 course meal for 2 at a nice restaurant in the Cheshire countryside.

Since moving to Chester, Lex and I have been spending pretty much all our money on things for the apartment, so we have had to put exploring new bars and restaurants on the back burner but this month we have tried 2 new restaurants which we loved and will definitly be revisiting. The first was a Thai restaurant called Ruan Orchid, the food was amazing and has a really warm, cosy ambiance.
The next restaurant was so, so, so much fun! It is an Italian restaurant called La Fattoria, it had the best atmosphere and the staff were lovely and friendly, people even started dancing on the tables! 
I am going to book a table here for my birthday in August.

We went for an evening walk round the walls and caught the end of a gig at Alexanders. The band were so good, they are called Greenroom and are like Arctic monkeys meets Madness.

This month I have also been enjoying a bit of TV/Movie therapy, so I have rewatched my fave rom com When Harry Met Sally and have started my Sex and the City boxset again from the beginning.

One of my favourite days this month was last week when I went to watch Lex play cricket one afternoon, and then went to Telford's for a drink before going to La Fattoria. We had such a nice night.


Then to finish off a lovely month Lex was offered an exciting new job :) It is a great opportunity and I am so proud of him x


Thanks for reading :) What have you been getting up to this month? 
Bex xx


SaveSave

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. sounds like you've had a really busy May! How lovely that you got chance to get together with your friends from university :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a wonderful month lovely! hope June treats you well.

    ReplyDelete